HOW TO LODGE A COMPLAINT ONLINE?
If you wish to lodge an online complaint, please complete the form on the complaints page. This page outlines the procedure for lodging a complaint with ASAZIM online.
WHERE CAN I COMPLAIN?
Any person can lodge a complaint with the ASAZIM regarding the content of an advertisement. ASAZIM will deal with complaints about advertising content but not with complaints about contractual matters or service standards.
WHEN DO I COMPLAIN?
If a person believes that the content of an advertisement is untruthful, misleading or harmful in any way, they may lodge a complaint.
ARE THERE ANY CRITERIA FOR A COMPLAINT?
All complaints lodged with the ASAZIM must meet the following criteria:
- The complaint must be in writing.
- The identity of the complainant(s) must be disclosed.
- The contact details of the complainant(s) should be clearly stated.
- The complainant(s’) identity or passport number must be provided.
- The grounds on which the complaint is based must be clearly stated.
- Where the complaint relates to advertising on broadcast media (e.g. television, radio or on cinema) information should be furnished on where and when the advertisement was screened / transmitted.
- Where signs, posters or any form of outdoor advertising is involved, the nature of the advertisement and the wording should be specified.
- When the complaint is about print advertising, the relevant advertisement should be attached.
- If possible, the contact name, address or telephone / fax number of the advertiser should be provided.
Complaints may be submitted as follows:
- By delivery, to ASAZIM at 6th Floor (617) Dolphin House, 123 L. Takawira Street, Harare.
- Tel: +263 4 748282 |Cell:+263 779 519 684 | +263 733 516 738
- E-mail complaint to:[email protected]
- Use the online complaint form on this website
Responsibility for establishing receipt by the ASA of a complaint lies with the complainant.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR ASAZIM TO RESPOND TO A COMPLAINT?
- Lodge Complaint
- ASAZIM will make initial response in 3 working days
- ASAZIM will forward complaint to the Respondent and a response is expected in 5 working days from initial communication.
- The matter will be heard by the ASAZIM Executive sub committee dealing with the matter and judgement communicated within 5 working days of the decision
- The Respondent has 14 days to respond to the judgement. Should the respondent wish to challenge the ruling the matter will be heard by the Tribunal and their decision is final
- The judgement will be published on the ASAZIM website.
If you wish to lodge an online complaint, please complete the form .
WHAT ARE YOUR BANKING DETAILS?
Please deposit the required amount into our deposit account. The details of this account are:
Account Name: ZAAPA
Account No.: 1005832056
ARE THERE ANY COSTS?
Consumer complaints will be dealt with free of charge. Competitor complaints are subject to a non-refundable filing fee for 2017 of $500 before the complaint will be investigated